8th September 2020
The Minister for the Economy has launched a new £1 million COVID-19 Digital Selling Capability Grant (DSCG) from Invest Northern Ireland.
Aimed at helping retail and wholesale businesses grow online sales, DSCG is part of a wider COVID-19 support package to help eligible businesses progress recovery plans, strengthen supply chains, develop new products and access finance.
DSCG can help any small or medium-sized(link is external) Northern Ireland retailer or wholesaler prepare for growth, develop their customer base and find new markets by enhancing their digital offering, building e-commerce capability and increasing online sales.
The call for applications is open until 6pm on Wednesday 7 October 2020.
What is available?
Businesses can access a maximum grant of £20,000 to support 50% of eligible costs for projects with a minimum eligible expenditure of £10,000.
Eligible activities include consultancy services or expertise from a digital marketing or e-commerce supplier to:
- carry out best practice research to identify relevant benchmarks
- review current digital marketing capabilities and online sales channels
- develop a digital marketing strategy to maximise online presence
- develop an e-commerce strategy to drive sustainable growth in online sales
- implement an enhanced online e-commerce system or improvements to your existing e-commerce solution for the business
- in-house training and knowledge transfer to develop the digital marketing and e-commerce capability of the employees for the business
- improve integration and automation with existing e-commerce systems
Obviously the devil is in the detail so please follow the link for more information.