Down Business Centre has lots on offer next week during NMD Enterprise Week from Monday 14 November to Friday 18 November 2022.
The theme of NMD Enterprise Week 2022 is to ‘Make it Your Business’ which underpins the week-long initiative aimed at fostering local entrepreneurship and nurturing small businesses and talent. Discover more about the supports and programmes available across the District from a range of business support partners and organisations.
All events within Enterprise Week will be free of charge and there is a mixture of virtual and “face to face” events. There will be helpful business Start Up clinics and podcasts and business growth workshops ranging from, social economy support, growing your business online, accessing new customer bases, building new business networks, digital sessions, as well as how to grasp new opportunities like tendering and engaging with customers.
Our local event include:
- Monday 14th Nov – Business Advice Clinic at Down Business Centre with Michael Morrisey.
Perfect opportunity for local business owners to pick the brains of local Downpatrick based Accountant, Michael Morrisey, who will cover everything from business start-up, financial and funding advice to sustaining your business. To book your one to one 30 min session ring 02844616416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday 15th at 10.30am. Growing a business in uncertain times. Webinar with Philip Bain. What happens when your business hits an iceberg or tough times. How do you manage when it all goes south? Join us for a shot in the arm of positivity, and we certainly all need one. Amidst the uncertainty and all the obstacles, listen to this clear message to rise above what you cannot control and get on with it. Some solid advice on taking a rational look at your business and recognising that getting weighed down by the situation is not an option but building resilience and perseverance will help you win through. Register here for a zoom invite https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/growing-your-business-in-uncertain-times-via-zoom-tickets-464279481427
- Wednesday 16th Nov @ 12 noon – Networking lunch for local businesses. At SERC Downpatrick Campus. This networking lunch is FREE for local businesses to attend. It’s a great opportunity to connect with SERC’s Training and Business Services teams who will be on hand to speak with you about the range of support available through the College. To Book: https://bit.ly/3FZTOUw
- Thursday 17th 10am-12 noon. Drop-in advice clinic with the Consumer Council. Down Business Centre will host a Clinic with the Consumer Council to guide you towards the whole range of supports and advice available to you and your business at this time. Bought to you in partnership with Newry Mourne and Down District Council, the event will provide the perfect opportunity for local business owners to speak directly with the team from the Consumer Council who can review your bills and see how they can save you and your business money. 1 to 1 independent, confidential, and timely advice is now even more valuable than ever. So, come along to this drop-in clinic to see how you can save money.
- Friday 18th November 10am – 12 noon Promoting Positivity with Julie Fitzpatrick. This fun, uplifting and inspiring workshop aims to help encourage you to promote positive behaviours to enhance your personal life and strengthen your business. Come along to learn how to incorporate positive practises into your business. Hints & tips on how to manage negative behaviours from others or external factors. Feel good ideas on how to create a positive culture in your business. To register please contact Joan O’Hara by email@example.com or 028 4461 6416.
There are lots more events going on throughout the week.
To view the full programme of NMD Enterprise Week events, click here https://www.newrymournedown.org/enterpriseweek2022