If you require a wheelchair for temporary use, the new Red Cross unit at Down Business Centre will be able to provide you with the support you need.
We are delighted to welcome Red Cross to the Centre, which will provide a new home for their wheelchair hire service in the Down area.
The Red Cross wheelchair service operates across the UK and provides manual wheelchairs that are comfortable, safe, and reliable. A range of options are available including self-propelled, transit or bariatric (wider seating, higher weight capacity) wheelchairs depending on you or your loved one’s needs.
The service offers –
- Wheelchair hire for £22 a week; includes free wheelchair accessories.
- Delivery and collection of your wheelchair for an additional £25 charge in most areas; it will come fully assembled for your convenience.
- Flexible hire periods (minimum hire period 1 week).
- 12-week mandatory servicing and steam-cleaning to guarantee safe operation, fully crash tested.
- Replacement provided during servicing.
- Professional servicing and cleanliness standards in line with NHS Control of Infection policies, guaranteeing removal of all viruses (including C-Difficile, E-Coli, and Covid-19).
Commenting on their new Down Business Centre facility, Fionnuala Molloy, Mobility Aids Service Hub Manager, said:
“Our premises at Down Business Centre are fantastic. Exactly what we’ve been waiting to find. We are now in a central position to reach out to our customers with an easy-access site for callers to drop in and talk to us. We look forward to meeting everyone and discussing their needs.”
Fionnuala has been working hard to promote the wheelchair service to the community and has reached out to various organisations that are based in the Centre, such as Good Morning Down, Jark Home Care and Homestart, and asked for their support and collaboration. Fionnuala is also on the lookout for volunteers to help man the office – if even for a few hours per week – so if you would be able to help contact her on 0300 456 1914.